Tuesday, August 28, 2012

A Challenge: The Fiber Festival Stash Knitdown

Do you remember this? It's Sock Summit stash enhancement, fueled by an amazing fiber festival marketplace.



Then there's this:


And this:


As you can see from these photos, that is a fair amount of stash enhancement (and not all of it), entirely purchased at fiber festivals, specifically, Sock Summits 2009 and 2011, the Black Sheep Gathering 2010 and the Madrona Fiber Arts Retreat, 2009-2012.

Ever since I attended Sock Summit last year I have been thinking about organizing that market stash and challenging myself to knit it all by a specific date. The most logical date to aim for is the next Sock Summit, which will be happening sometime in the summer of 2014.

Here is my organizing tool: a collage of 22 yarn portraits representing all of my remaining fiber festival stash. I also included photos of the three finished projects that I knit from fiber festival stash since the last Sock Summit, which was when I first came up with the idea.


So, the challenge has officially begun! I'll be blogging about my progress in the months to come, and I hope to be able to post a collage of FOs when I'm done. Do you care to join me?

1 comment: