Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Autumn Adventures: Edmonds to Perinville

I know, I know, it's been a while since my last post, but I have been away having adventures on the East Coast. (There will be more on that later.)

Before we left, Mr. D and I did a walk that we used to do on Veteran's Day: walking from Edmonds to Perinville, which is about a five miles round trip. This time we did the walk a few days before Veteran's Day, on a cool sunny-cloudy day. Most of the walk followed a fairly busy street, but toward the end, we followed a trail at Southwest County Park that paralleled the road, but took us into what was once old growth forest. Below are some of the scenes that I captured from our walk.

 Mysterious orange berries growing by the side of the road. (I later found out that this is an Arum Italicum plant, otherwise known as the Cuckoo Pint.)

A Japanese Maple in all of its autumn glory. 

The winding trail we followed.

A young tree growing out of the stump of one of the old growth trees that used to fill this forest.
Vestiges of an old love.

I will be back later this week with a post about more recent adventures, and maybe some knitting, too. See you then!

No comments:

Post a Comment