Monday, November 2, 2020

Signs and Messages

It has been just over seven months since I last posted, and it's been a very difficult seven months for most of us. The coronavirus pandemic rages on, with more than 200,000 Americans dead, protests for racial justice filled the summer, and a divisive presidential campaign has dragged on for far too long. Life has become so unsettled and disheartening that I seriously considered never posting to my blog ever again.

But strangely enough, there have been signs of hope popping up around me as I do my daily walks in the neighborhood. I want to share some of them with you, in case you need a little dose of hope, too.

At first, there was encouragement without words:

Then the words popped up in expected and unexpected places:





Neighbors posted signs that gave me serious things to think about; out of those thoughts hope and change can emerge.


And now we are at the very end of a long, long election season. Many of the signs in my neighborhood have become political, and because I'm in very blue Seattle, you can probably guess which party's signs show up most often. This one was the tiniest and most unusual:

And this final sign is my message to you: no matter what your politics are, if you are in the U.S., the most important thing you can do is VOTE! 

Be safe and well; until next time.




1 comment:

  1. Oh Julie, It has been a long, long spring, summer, and now fall. Don't stop posting tho! I love the pictures and commentary on your blog. Maybe an update on the knitting projects next time? And some of your lovely nature pictures? It's a welcome distraction--S

    ReplyDelete